Advanced Mobile Healthcare in Wichita, Kansas is seeking Nurse Practitioner (FNP, Adult, Geriatric, or Acute Care) for our growing primary care house calls program, which addresses the unmet medical needs of frail elderly and disabled populations on a PER basis. We are looking for a self-motivated nurse practitioner with at least two years geriatric, complex chronic care, acute care, hospitalist, or home-based primary care experience. We are a small, locally owned business with an amazing culture & we offer benefits.
The House-Call Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) leads a unique, faith-based, in-home, patient-centered medical model of care. The APRN will manage high-risk (often critically ill) patients with acute and chronic conditions with multiple comorbidities in the comfort of their own home. The APRN will function within his/her scope of practice to fullest degree of licensure, as set forth by the Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN). The APRN will work autonomously in collaboration with our medical director, according to a written collaborative agreement. The APRN must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills as well superiority in advanced physical assessment, diagnostic skills, disease intervention, and medical management of chronically ill patients with multiple comorbidities.
1. Engages in the practice of Advanced Practice Nursing in accordance with the principles of nursing ethics of the American Nurses Association (ANA), KSBN, as well as other nursing associations and advanced practice nursing associations concerned with the professional conduct of Nurse Practitioners or Clinical Nurse Specialists.
2. Works within scope of practice in accordance with the collaborative practice agreement requirements of KSBN.
3. Maintains educational requirements for licensure and board certification.
4. Provides faith-based, in-home primary care (house calls) to acute and/or chronically ill (including critically ill), vulnerable adult patients with multiple comorbidities using the most current evidence-based practice guidelines.
5. Conducts comprehensive health history and physical examination using advanced skills of assessment, inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation to determine diagnosis and appropriate plan of care.
6. Orders and/or performs and interprets results of diagnostic or laboratory tests that are standard of care to the evaluation and diagnosis of the physical signs and symptoms.
7. Manages medical plan of care including prescribing medical devices, adjunct health/medical services, medications (including controlled drugs), durable medical equipment, and other medical supplies as appropriate based on diagnosis and appropriate plan of care using evidence-based practice guidelines.
8. Initiates and maintains accurate patient records in the electronic health record (EHR), including but not limited to past medical histories, progress notes, orders, procedures performed, and patient/caregiver education or instructions.
9. Completes electronic progress notes within 48 hours of visit.
10. Adopts a team-based approach to patient care through effective communication with office staff and care team members.
11. Promotes continuity of care through collaboration with care team members and other providers, including specialist and community resources for management/referral, as appropriate.
12. Educates patient and family/caregivers on health maintenance, disease processes, and self-management techniques using individualized teaching plans, patient coaching, faith intervention, & motivational interviewing models.
13. Triages patient calls as needed via the telephone and electronic messaging during office hours.
14. Ensures all clinical advice is documented in the EHR.
15. Participates in periodic evaluation of services rendered, including but not limited to, chart reviews, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes to identify areas for improvement.
16. Applies knowledge gained to establish methods for improved quality of care.
17. Recognizes, develops, and implements professional and community educational programs related to health care.
18. Participates in annual review and revision of collaborative practice agreement and adopted protocols or clinical guidelines, as set forth by the KSBN.
19. May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
1. Nationally Certified Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP), Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP), or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
2. Candidates for the position should have an outstanding reputation of compassion, faith, and excellence in delivery of primary care services with significant experience in geriatric care or complex chronic care.
3. Reliable transportation needed for traveling to patient homes to provide primary care house call services (mileage is paid).
4. Experience using EHR software for documentation.
1. Graduated with Master’s degree from an accredited school of Nursing.
2. Maintain a current Kansas RN and APRN Licenses.
3. Must have current DEA registration or willing and able to get one.
4. Must have at least 3 years of experience as FNP, GNP, or AGACNP; OR 2 years of experience as FNP, GNP, or AGACNP with 5+ years experience as specialty RN (cardiology, ICU, CCU, ER, Home Health, Hospice, etc). If using RN experience, at least 1 year as RN MUST be in Home Health or Hospice.
5. Must be able to meet Medicare/Medicaid credentialing requirements.
6. Must possess valid Driver’s License to travel to patient homes and to meetings.
7. Must be able to pass background check & drug screen.
PLEASE FAX RESUME TO (316) 854-5644